Citrix - Registering the XML Service to share the port with IIS 6.0
By default when installing IIS 6.0 the virtual Scripts Folder is not created.
1. Unregister the service using the previous instructions.
2. Navigate to the \Inetpub folder and create a new folder named Scripts.
3. Open the IIS Manager MMC Snap-in.
4. Right-click the Default Web Site and select New | Virtual Directory…
5. Click Next.
6. Under Alias: type the name Scripts and click Next.
7. Under Path: type Drive Letter:\Inetpub\Scripts and click Next.
8. Under Allow the following permissions: make sure that the following are selected:
b. Run Scripts (such as ASP)
c. Execute (such as ISAPI applications or CGI)
9. Click Next and click Finish.
10. Right-click the Scripts virtual directory and go to Properties.
11. Under the Virtual Directory tab make sure that the Execute Permissions: field is set to Scripts and Executables.
12. Under the Directory Security tab, click Edit… under Authentication and Access Control and make sure that the Enable anonymous access check box is selected.
13. Now copy the files ctxxmlss.txt, clm.dll, wpnbr.dll to the newly create Scripts folder under the Inetpub folder. ***(If you are running MetaFrame Presentation Server 3.0 then the clm.dll file is no longer needed).***
14. If you are running MetaFrame Presentation Server 3.0 locate the file ctxadmin.dll and copy it to a folder called ctxadmin under \Inetpub\Scripts.
15. In IIS Admin right-click Web Service Extensions, select Add a new web service extension. Type the name Citrix XML ISAPI in the Extension name field and click Add. In the Add File popup window, type in or browse to the location of the wpnbr.dll file. Then finish by selecting the Set the extension status to allowed check box.
16. For MetaFrame Presentation Server 3.0, in IIS Admin right-click Web Service Extensions, select Add a new web service extension. Type the name Citrix XML Administration ISAPI in the Extension name field and click Add. In the Add File popup window, type in or browse to the location of the ctxadmin.dll file. Then finish by selecting the Set the extension status to allowed check box.
17. Run the iisreset command (be aware that this command will restart all IIS-related services).
Note: The file ctxxmlss.txt is located in the Program Files\Citrix\System32 folder and the files clm.dll and wpnbr.dll are located in the %SYSTEMROOT%\System32 folder.
With MetaFrame Presentation Server 3.0, all the files required are located in Program Files\Citrix\System32
This section of my site is a place for me to keep solutions to IT / Computer problems I have run across. Many of them are copy and paste from various threads I found on the net. They are mostly here for my benefit / reference and can be quite cryptic but if they can help you then enjoy!